Kentico Xperience Certified Developer
A Kentico Xperience Certified Developer is a technical professional ready to build large-scale web applications on the Kentico Xperience platform using the recommended practices.
Until Kentico Xperience version 12, the exam for certified developers covered two development models—Portal Engine and MVC. Kentico Xperience 13 supports only ASP.NET MVC, and the exam covers both ASP.NET MVC 5 and ASP.NET Core MVC.
Certified developer's responsibilities
Passing the Kentico Xperience Certified Developer exam requires hands-on experience and a deep understanding of designing, developing, optimizing, deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting Kentico Xperience websites.
Certified developers usually work in Kentico Xperience implementation partners' or end clients' companies. They cover different roles from designing, developing, and upgrading Kentico Xperience websites, to building custom modules or integrations with other platforms (e.g., CRMs, ERPs).
Certified developer's skills:
- Xperience features
- Xperience application programming interfaces (API)
- Performance optimization
- Application deployment
- Xperience maintenance
Positions and roles include:
- Front end / Back end / Full-stack Developer
- Senior Developer
- IT Consultant
- Solution Architect
- Engineering Manager
Take the developer certification
Kentico Xperience Certified Marketer
Kentico Xperience Certified Marketer is a business professional who is ready to design, set, run, and analyze digital marketing activities using all Kentico Xperience built-in features while following the recommended practices.
Certified marketer's responsibilities
Passing the Kentico Xperience Certified Marketer exam requires hands-on experience and a deep understanding of the system’s marketing capabilities. Certified marketers usually work in Kentico Xperience partners' or clients' companies.
They help define project business requirements to ensure that it follows the recommended practices, cooperate in pre-sales engagements, or run everyday marketing activities on clients' websites.
Certified marketer's skills:
- Analyze how business requirements match built-in Kentico Xperience capabilities
- Understand and configure the built-in Kentico Xperience digital marketing features
- Manage, maintain, and configure contacts, contact properties, and contact activities
- Use the essentials tools for keeping Kentico Xperience application and contact data compliant with data privacy regulations
- Perform day-to-day marketing operations, such as analyzing different marketing data and managing content of websites
- Define and configure audience segmentation into contact groups, scoring, personas
- Design, run and analyze optimization testing of content used in website pages and emails
- Create and maintain automated processes to ensure effective marketing communication, content personalization, and audience segmentation
- Understand email marketing capabilities, create, run and analyze email campaigns, define requirements for email components (templates, widgets)
Positions and roles include:
- Marketing Director
- Marketing Consultant
- Marketing Implementation Specialist / Solution Architect
- Senior Account Executive
Take the marketer certification
To verify whether a candidate is certified, simply ask them for their public DevNet profile URL.
Certified developers and marketers can create their profiles in the Kentico DevNet Community. The profile is public, and when the candidates complete their certification, they receive their certification badge. The candidates also receive a Kentico Xperience Certified Developer certificate and a badge they can display on their LinkedIn profile.